Faith and Mission Statements
WE BELIEVE that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
WE BELIEVE that man, made in the image of God, is a fallen creature by virtue of his rebellion against his Creator and thus deserves eternal judgment from a righteous God.
WE BELIEVE that Jesus is the Son of God, uniting in the single person of the Son two distinct and complete natures: divine and human. He lived as the perfect man to fulfill God’s plan for all humanity. The sacrificial death of Christ paid the full penalty of man’s sin and provided salvation for all believers. Christ’s bodily resurrection from the grave, showing His triumph over sin and death, offers the promise of resurrection and eternal life to all who have faith in Him.
WE BELIEVE that salvation is by grace through faith. Justification before God, which gives us freedom from punishment and gives life with God, is available only as a gift from God through faith in Jesus Christ. At the time of conversion the Holy Spirit baptizes every believer into the body of Christ and enables him to:
- Grow in maturity and conformity to the image of Christ
- Grow in love for God and for fellow man
- Bear witness to the saving power of Christ in the world.
WE BELIEVE that the Bible is “inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness” (2 Tim 3:16). We believe that Jesus Christ is the ultimate fulfillment of all Scripture and that all Scripture points to Christ who is the living Word. We believe that the authority of Scripture depends not on the truth or understandings of humankind, but on God himself, who is the truth, and thus Scripture must be received as the Word of God. We believe that it is only by the Spirit of God that anyone can interpret the Scripture with power and humility, efficacy and insight.
The mission of BCS is to glorify God through the training and nurturing of students in their spiritual, academic, physical, emotional, and social development. This is achieved through a Christ-centered education based on biblical truth, which leads to the formation of the character of God within. God’s character imparts wisdom, knowledge, and love, helping our school community develop a world-view that will impact the world for Christ.
- To clearly communicate the message of salvation, faith in Christ, and a redeemed life through Jesus Christ.
- To glorify God through the training of students in spiritual, academic, physical, emotional, and social development.
- To provide a Christ-centered curriculum based on biblical truth that will result in clear, critical thinking and a Christian world-view.
- To provide an educational experience leading to the formation of the character of Christ in the lives of students, which includes wisdom, knowledge, and love.
- To support parents in their primary role and responsibility of training their child.
We believe that human beings were originally created in the image of God and in spite of the fall, each individual is regarded as unique and capable of godly character and expression through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In Christ we are chosen, holy, and dearly loved (Col. 3:12). While we believe sin entered the world as a result of Adam’s fall, God’s redemption through the person of Jesus Christ allows us to live holy lives. Our emphasis, therefore, is on the profound message of God’s grace through Christ in the students, transforming them, so that they might grow in grace and more fully express the image of God in their lives and that they might know the mystery of Christ in them, the hope of glory (Col. 2:27).
The Christian life is one where the individual’s faith in God is integrated into all of life’s experiences. Our desire is to establish and expand the awareness of this way of life and set it into practice; to establish a biblical and Christ-centered worldview, being able to discern from a godly perspective. It is our conclusion that life is hard and our children need wisdom and strong godly character to successfully face the vital issues involved in their daily lives.
We believe that God has bestowed on each individual certain innate abilities. We are called to educe from the child and help to develop that which God has placed in them, following the scriptural directive, “Train up a child in the way he should go . . .” (Prov. 22:6). We believe that a child’s gifts are released as they learn to walk under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that education is both caught and taught; that the teacher is called to be a mentor, to come alongside the student, to model Christian attitudes, and to provide guidance in learning the skills of life. The academic program, while stressing basics, will also give emphasis toward skill in critical thinking, arriving at conclusions, and developing personal conviction. Development toward this end begins with the teaching exchange carried out by the instructor. The student will be challenged by high academic standards and the expectation of performance at the highest level possible.
Foremost in the training of a child is the family. The school is a secondary means of child development and looks upon the involvement of the family as a key component. To be an environment of whole learning, the school desires a partnership of faith, family, quality education, and community.
Our desired end is to produce students who are healthy, spiritually dynamic, mentally alert, disciplined, academically prepared, and ready to interact meaningfully with each other, our society, and our world. We endeavor to instill a love of learning that will take them far beyond their formal schooling years and into a lifetime of challenges and growth.
Bradshaw Christian School admits children of all races and nationalities and does not discriminate in any of its programs on the basis of gender, race, or national origin.
In order to accomplish its mission, BCS has defined what students should know, be able to do, and understand by the time they graduate from high school.
The PRIDE is where students are….
Pursuing Academic Excellence
- Discover God-given abilities while striving to maximize the development of their potential
- Master Curricular goals throughout the various disciplines
- Plan, Create, and produce quality intellectual, artistic, and physical products
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate past, present, and future information throughout the learning process
Reaching Out to Others
- Develop an increasing awareness of, and compassion for others, leading to community service
- Demonstrate the ability to accomplish common goals through teamwork
- Contribute time, energy, and resources to serve others
- Identify, assess, analyze, integrate, and use available resources
- Reflect, establish value, and prioritize through the decision-making process
- Logically and creatively form a line of reasoning from premise to conclusion
Developing Christian Character
- Understand what it means to have faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, and walk in continual relationship with him
- Be able to articulate the Christian worldview and how it affects our understanding of the world around us
- Understand how to share their faith in Christ and His ongoing work in their lives
- Understand the relevance of scripture in all their experiences and circumstances of life
- Be able to discern and interpret the meaning of messages conveyed by others
- Develop the ability to clearly express one’s self through writing, verbal articulation and creative activity
- Identify and express feelings, thoughts, and emotions