The mission of the Visual & Performing Arts program supports the school wide mission. Our goals are three-fold:
- To nurture the unique God-given talents of each student, by providing creative outlets such as live theatre for children and adults; talent shows; band concerts; speech meets; arts shows; and choir concerts.
- To come along side each student by encouraging them to persevere as God shapes their character in their walk with Christ – especially under the pressure of creating, designing, and rehearsing works of art.
- To impact the school community and neighboring communities through these artistic expressions of worship.
Our subject mastery goals:
- To develop confidence in one’s own personal vision and expression
- To assess critically and analyze an artistic discipline
- To solve problems and develop reasoning skills for real world situations
- To become culturally literate and involved participants in the community